Tuesday 16 September 2014

Chercher la Baguette

16.9.14: Quai de la Hune, Cherbourg






I collect Stargazer's new Hydranet jib from Crusader Sails' loft and rush aboard to hoist it.




Feeling pleased and hungry I duck below for lunch. A ripe Brie beckons.... But there's something missing. I need a crusty French baguette to go with it.




I cast off Stargazer's lines. She beats down harbour to Blood Alley in a NE 5.




The wooded cliff shelters our anchorage as I work out the tides for Cherbourg.




We leave at dawn. It's blowing an Easterly 5. Stargazer romps across Channel - she reels off 67 nautical miles in nine and a half hours.




Our new sail pulls like a train!




Stargazer barrels in past the breakwater.....




.... to arrive amid the relaxed industry of Cherbourg by mid afternoon.




I make her fast.....




.....and walk in to town, with salt spiked hair and a broad grin,




...to find a crusty French baguette and juicy sun ripened tomatoes, to eat with my Brie.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



Location:Quai de la Hune,Cherbourg-Octeville,France

1 comment: